[TxMt] Textmate Icon proposal - How About a Competition?

Chris Messina factoryjoe at factorycity.net
Thu Nov 25 23:51:34 UTC 2004

Well, I threw together a really basic sketch... While I love the "little
guy", I think that part of the problem with the logo is its reliance on
small details that get lost at smaller sizes. Not that this one is
totally better, but I think it would scale better and it provides some
food for thought... not at all final quality!

Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Nov 25, 2004, at 0:21, Chris Messina wrote:
>> I know that TextMate isn't an open source project, but maybe the
>> original icon designer could release a higher resolution version of
>> the logo, and in the interest of evolution, let us graphic designers
>> play around with it?
> http://macromates.com/textmate/tm_icon.psd.gz
> The typewriter has some effects on it though (I'm hoping Lars will
> send me the clipart w/o effects).

Do the evolution. Get Firefox!

Quote of the moment: /If you can't describe what you are doing as a
process, you don't know what you're doing./— W. Edwards Deming