[TxMt] web color palates for TM?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Nov 24 16:13:41 UTC 2004

On Nov 24, 2004, at 17:02, M Spreij wrote:

> One more.. I'd love to have a quick way of turning colors into RGB hex
> values - maybe even drag'n'drop the little colored blocks into the
> text and getting the codes there?

Yes, I'm looking into supporting drag'n'drop and pasting of colors this
instant -- hopefully I can integrate this nicely with the
drag-commands.

I'm also open for the mentioned palettes as long as this is a generic
system -- I'm thinking something like just a new output option for
commands (and the format would then be XML or similar). It would be
more than palettes, more like custom UI with definable actions since it
could then also be used for file templates (those which require
additional options) and most likely also for e.g. having commands open
menus for a further choice, similar to what Ian (?) requested for his
PHP completion.

But I think if it's just added on top of the existing system it will be
to clumsy -- I need to rework this to be "simpler".

It currently bogs me that the user needs to set how to interpret the
output from commands, especially since a command can't then change it
at run-time. OTOH it does simplify a lot of commands, since they then
won't have to output structured text.