[TxMt] Working with/Deleting empty space in documents ?? Please help !

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Nov 23 13:22:02 UTC 2004

On Nov 23, 2004, at 11:48, Mats Persson wrote:

> So, is there some way that this behaviour can be changed ??? Hidden
> prefs in a .plist file ?

You can add <, > and / to the word characters in the preferences window
to not have these deleted. This makes them part of the words, so it has
other side-effects.

> IF not - or as an immediate alternative - how would I create a regex &
> Macro that would delete all the space (including tabs, new lines,
> carriage returns etc ) up until the first <  tag ??

Record a macro where you do cmd-f, set the find (regex) string to: “\A[
\t\n]+” and press return (to find it), press delete and stop recording.

The initial \A means “start of buffer” and ensures that the sequence of
spaces, tabs, and newlines are only matched if they are to the
immediate right of the caret.