[TxMt] Working with/Deleting empty space in documents ?? Please help !

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 10:48:04 UTC 2004

I'm not sure what the correct definition for this is, but here is what
I am trying to do:

I am trying to remove (delete) the empty space or move the cursor to
the beginning of the next HTML tag in an existing HTML document, that
sort of looks like the examples below:

With the cursor immediately after the first <p> tag:
By pressing Alt-Shift-del (not backspace) deletes all space up until
the text "this" in Code Example A:, but  in Example B: we delete only
one line of text, and has to press it twice, in Example C: we end up
deleting all the space including the first < in <code>

With the cursor immediately after the end of the paragraph text block
('text'/'tag'):
By pressing Alt-Shift-del here, deletes as above, but also deletes the
</ of the closing tag.

I do not know if this is an issue to do with some hidden
characters/spaces/tabs in the files I am working with, or whatever, but
it is irritating.

So, is there some way that this behaviour can be changed ??? Hidden
prefs in a .plist file ?

IF not - or as an immediate alternative - how would I create a regex &
Macro that would delete all the space (including tabs, new lines,
carriage returns etc ) up until the first <  tag ??

I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right
direction here.

Example A:
this is a simple paragraph text

Example B:

this is a simple paragraph text

Example C:
<code>this</code> paragraph begins with an html tag

Kind regards,

Mats