[TxMt] Non-project files

Drew McLellan lists at allinthehead.com
Tue Nov 16 23:43:41 UTC 2004

 From the b4 release notes:

> Navigation -> Go to Header/Source now also work for non-project windows (although the plan is to remove the non-project windows).

I'm understanding this to mean that in future it will be necessary to
create a project for everything. Is that right?

If so, the input I'd offer is that this is how Dreamweaver worked for
years. You had to define a 'site' before you could make even the
smallest edit to a file. It was a PITA and eventually Macromedia agreed
to change the behavior.

TextMate has scratch projects though, which I hope would avoid the
situation whereby the user needs to jump through hoops just to make a
small edit to a file they don't usually work with.

drew.