[TxMt] Re: Character and Word Counting of Highlighted Text

Stuart Wheeler textmatelist.to.wheeles at spamgourmet.com
Tue Nov 16 16:31:39 UTC 2004

OK, got my license. Thanks!

I hadn't even looked at the command stuff that closely - reminds me a
little of TextPad on Windows. This opens up a whole new world of
usefulness. I changed your command to:

wc | /usr/bin/awk '{print "lines:", $1, " words:", $2, " chars:", $3}'

That seems to explain the numbers a little better.

Stuart