[TxMt] embedding snippets; find in macros

otheraccount at verizon.net otheraccount at verizon.net
Fri Nov 12 04:08:19 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Unless I'm doing something terribly stupid, it seems it's impossible to
use a snippet while in another snippet without losing the tab
placeholders of the first... Is that right? That'd be sort of
disappointing, especially since snippets are part of what makes
TextMate elegant and customizable---would that be hard to fix?

And a related automating-stuff point: Would it be possible for find
operations performed by macros not to wipe out the previous find
string? This too I think would immediately make lots of things possible
that were only semi-possible before... (Alternatively, you could get
the same functionality by allowing commands to select text and move the
cursor without the mediation of the separate window, which would be
even cooler---you could do stuff like selecting the current sentence or
the current block---but seems like it might be a larger undertaking...)

Marcin