[TxMt] Preventing new blank document

Charles Miller cmiller at pastiche.org
Wed Nov 10 00:42:08 UTC 2004

On 10/11/2004, at 10:27 AM, Michael A. Alderete wrote:
> Actually, the problem is worse than just creating a new document when
> TextMate starts up. Once running, it is creating a new blank document
> *every time I switch to TextMate* (by clicking its icon in the Dock),
> if
> there is no other document already open.

Both of these are required for a well-behaved Mac application. The
following is taken from the Aqua Human Interface Guidelines at
http://xrl.us/dv3a (emphasis mine)

"Your application should open a window when a user does any of the
following:
     * Double-clicks the icon for a document supported by your
application in the Finder
--> * Double-clicks your application icon
     * Selects a document in the Finder and chooses open from the File
menu (or selects the document and presses Command-O in the Finder)
     * Chooses a file from within an Open dialog
     * Chooses the New command from the File menu
--> * Clicks the application icon in the Dock when no windows are open"

Charles Miller

--
Contributing to the heat death of the Universe since 1975
cmiller at pastiche.org           http://fishbowl.pastiche.org