[TxMt] Preventing new blank document

Michael A. Alderete lists-2003 at alderete.com
Tue Nov 9 23:27:49 UTC 2004

>> Is there any way of switching off the blank document TextMate creates
>> when it starts up?
>>
>> That's it really :)
>
>There probably should be, but I have a feeling it's against Apple's HIG.
>
>Not 100% sure either way, but I do know Allan is trying to stick in the
>guidelines wherever possible.

Actually, the problem is worse than just creating a new document when
TextMate starts up. Once running, it is creating a new blank document
*every time I switch to TextMate* (by clicking its icon in the Dock), if
there is no other document already open.

This is, needless to say, irritating.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch TextMate.
2. Close blank document created on startup, and all other documents in
TextMate.
3. Switch to any other application.
4. Click TextMate's Dock icon.

Expected result:

 - TextMate activates, but does nothing else.
  (I.e., wait for me to open existing or create new
         document -- *my* choice.)

Actual result:

 - TextMate activates, and creates new blank document.

Michael