[TxMt] project over FTP

M Spreij nemo at mechintosh.com
Mon Nov 8 14:19:22 UTC 2004

On 7. Nov 2004, at 22:02, M Spreij wrote:

>> Has anyone found a way to mount FTP folders as regular folders in the
>> finder (with read/write, not Apple's readonly way)?

Allan Odgaard replied:

> I've read on this list that Interarchy supports mounting ftp disks with
> read/write, and I think Sune told me he'd used it previously.

Hmmzz.. yes, but that's just a copy really which is updated to the server
every so often. Did some searching, Linux has 'lufs' which supports it, but
it doesn't compile under Darwin atm.
(for those interested

>> A workaround I got was to open the files seperately, then dragging the
>> window's icons to a new project window (or if you open its parent
>> folder from the titlebar you can drag all the opened files to TM),
>> selecting the files in the project window once so they get a tab, and
>> then you can close the original windows - edit/saves will update the
>> version on the server. If you close the original window without
>> 'tabbing' the file, the temporary file will be removed (and editing
>> will not be possible).

> I guess I could postpone “closing” the file till e.g. TM exits -- though
> currently the “document” really is closed and disposed in TM, so I'd
> need to change some code for this to actually work, and since it really
> is just a workaround for not having native-support, which is around the
> corner, I don't think I'll be spending much time on improving this
> currently.

Ah, please leave it as it is - right now it behaves in a logical,
predictable way :-)