[TxMt] 'undoing' for days [gripe]

R. Strachan rsstrachan at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 5 03:38:39 UTC 2004

On 11/4/04 19:04, "Sune Foldager" <cryo at diku.dk> wrote:

> On 5. nov 2004, at 3:06, R. Strachan wrote:
>
>> In a graphics application (Photoshop Elements), there's Undo, Step
>> Forward,
>> and Step Backwards.
>> In my limited use of PE, I've found Undo is like a character by
>> character
>> undo. Step Backwards is chunk based undo.
>> Step Backwards undoes a group of pen strokes, or actions. Like a group
>> of
>> brush strokes.
>>
>> Undo reverts one of the brush strokes.
>> I hope y'all can understand what I'm trying to explain.
>> Could something similar be done in TM?
>
> Sounds complicated... I like better that both discrete (like it is now)
> and block undo/redo will be available for instance on cmd-z and
> cmd-opt-z for undo. Then, which one binds to what should be a
> preferences setting. I would like cmd-z to be discrete undo; I imagine
> most others would like it the other way around.

My descriptions always sound more complicated than actual use :-)

How you imagine what others would like is how PE has it.

Step Forward is cmd-y

Step Backward is cmd-z

Undo is cmd-option-z

If the option to swap the key combos were available, it might make things
easier for many people but I also think that too many customizations can get
in the way of functionality.

--
Mr. Shannon Strachan
Y2K XL1200S Black Bart