[TxMt] 'undoing' for days [gripe]

Sune Foldager cryo at diku.dk
Fri Nov 5 03:04:23 UTC 2004

On 5. nov 2004, at 3:06, R. Strachan wrote:

> In a graphics application (Photoshop Elements), there's Undo, Step
> Forward,
> and Step Backwards.
> In my limited use of PE, I've found Undo is like a character by
> character
> undo. Step Backwards is chunk based undo.
> Step Backwards undoes a group of pen strokes, or actions. Like a group
> of
> brush strokes.
>
> Undo reverts one of the brush strokes.
> I hope y'all can understand what I'm trying to explain.
> Could something similar be done in TM?

Sounds complicated... I like better that both discrete (like it is now)
and block undo/redo will be available for instance on cmd-z and
cmd-opt-z for undo. Then, which one binds to what should be a
preferences setting. I would like cmd-z to be discrete undo; I imagine
most others would like it the other way around.

--
Sune.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"