[TxMt] where are the tabs?

Robin Berjon robin.berjon at expway.fr
Wed Nov 3 19:57:31 UTC 2004

Michael Stillwell wrote:
> I'm clearly doing something wrong here but--how on earth do I turn
> tabs on?!  Every time I open a new file (cmd-O) it opens in a new
> window!  I've looked through all the menu items, searched the wiki,
> help *and* the mailing list and but I'm still tab-less.  (I'm
> embarrassed to say I can't figure out how to activate the "dynamic
> file outline" working either--so I'm actually not able to use features
> number 1 and 2 on the homepage...)

Don't be ashamed, it took me ages too :) To get the tabs you have to
first create a project (cmd-ctrl-n), then add files to its tray
(cmd-shift-a), and then when you click on those files you get tabs.
Alternatively you can drop multiple files on the app and it'll create a
scratch project.

So it's quite a few more hoops to jump through than your usual editor
with tabs, but imho it's better than all the completely tab-free ones
and I hear that it'll be getting better.

--
Robin Berjon