[TxMt] XML support?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Nov 3 11:32:36 UTC 2004

On 3. Nov 2004, at 12:05, David Casal wrote:

> I've never had to write text editor plugins, even less XML-aware
> editors, so I'm going to be pretty useless at this, though I'm
> perfectly willing to learn.

Currently there are no plugin support in TM. The syntax highlight files
are 100% declarative and contain no code. ATM recursion is not
supported (but it's on the to-do), so it won't be able to do the
“correct nesting validation” that you seek, but over time, it will be
possible (and quite easy ;) ).

> Is the Textmate bundle scheme suited to tag-checking, etc.? Or does it
> simply aim to cope with syn tax highlighting and completion?

It can only do limited checks with the current system -- e.g. the HTML
syntax checks for bad comments, misplaced ampersands a.s.o., but
checking the integrity of a recursive structure is not possible ATM,
for this I'd suggest you setup an external command (which can report
the line number of where the structure breaks and feed that back to
TM).

Kind regards Allan