[TxMt] Text selection

James Andrews bighands at mac.com
Wed Nov 3 02:35:57 UTC 2004

Hi Allan,

When I double-click on a PHP variable name it selects the whole word
(without the preceding $) as expected. Because I want to select the
whole thing I automatically do a Shift-Left Arrow to add the $ but
something strange happens and I get about half the word selected
without the $. Any chance of fixing this?

My expected behaviour is whichever arrow key (left or right) you first
start using after selecting the text should allow you to expand or
contract the selection at the appropriate end.

Also a suggestion (which BBEdit supports) is that a second shift double
click on a different word should select everything between and
including the two words.

Thanks for your time,
James