[TxMt] Making sub-shells login shells causes problems in the current beta

Chris Brierley thebrier at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 19:53:39 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:21:34 +0100, Allan Odgaard <allan at macromates.com> wrote:

> I agree with you -- I'll change it back for beta 3 and instead include
> a note about how to setup BASH_ENV on OS X.

You, sir, are the man.

May I suggest, if you haven't already seen it, taking a look at:

	Mac OS X: Runtime Configuration: Environment Variables
	<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPRuntimeConfig/Concepts/EnvironmentVars.html>

Because of the way the login process works in Mac OS X, setting
BASH_ENV in just your bash init scripts may not have an effect in the
environment in which TextMate runs.  Folks may have to set it in the
~/.MacOSX/environment.plist file as described in the above page, or
use a utility like RCEnvironment
<http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCEnvironment/> to do it.

Thanks for listening!