[TxMt] a wiki place for snippets bundles?

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Tue Nov 2 16:28:32 UTC 2004

>I have twice posted a link to a bundle containing snippets for
>creating PHP Documentor tags in PHP scripts ... but both times the
>link has been wiped out. Now the wiki seems to have been reorganized
>so I am hesitant to repost. Should we have a new page for
>snippet-related bundles? I'm not sure if maybe people are wiping out
>my entry because it is not a syntax highlighter bundle.

Hi Kumar,

I re-posted your link to the wiki. If it disappears, I'll help you
restore it. I suspect it was deleted out of clumsiness and not any
secret standards for what should be on the front page. I think the
nature of a wiki is that all the users have to evolve standards for
how things should be organized and how people should edit.  I
personally think nothing should ever be deleted. At worst, it should
be put in a separate link or 'refactored' by being summarized.

I did the last reorganization because (1) most of the front page was
obsolete due to Allan's including them in the distribution and (2)
someone had incompetently edited the front page to nuke most of the
writing people did.  It's possible that in restoring the old writing
I accidentally lost some post-nuking changes you made (but I did try
to check).

best wishes, Eric

--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu