[TxMt] Re: workarounds for lack of (s)ftp/external editing support?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Nov 2 02:52:53 UTC 2004

On 2. Nov 2004, at 3:24, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> I've added support for [ keyAEPosition ] Do you know if Xcode only
> sends it to known “good” applications?

My bad, it does send the event, just not from the normal UI, but
instead from the error and find panels (and the event is not a list of
positions, as the other ftp events, so apparently this can only be used
with one file at a time).

And interestingly, with my current approach to grabbing the 'odoc'
event, I _do_ get the position, even when this is the startup event,
unlike with the ftp events, which are lost if TextMate is not already
running (although I have only tried with Interarchy, it probably
depends on how the event is sent -- though extra weird is that
Interarchy sends multiple events when multiple files are selected
(instead of using lists), and the extra parameters are gone for all the
events)...