[TxMt] Selecting newline characters

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Wed Dec 22 13:18:55 UTC 2004

On 22-12-2004 13:19, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I think your expectations don't match Macintosh tradition. All Mac apps
> (with AFAIK the sole except of Microsoft Word) work the way Allan
> describes. I've used Macs for 14 years; TextMate works the way I expect
> it to in this regard.

I don't know why you say that what I propose is not Macintosh tradition.
I just tried it with Terminal, Console, Mail and it all works the same as
in TextEdit. Which is that if you some amount beyond the end of the line,
the newline character is also included. This is signaled by selecting the
blank part after the end of the line.

> Some suggestions I can offer you:
>
> If you want to select a whole line, including the newline at the end, do
> not drag from the start of the line to the end of that line. Drag
> instead from the start of the line to the start of the next line. This
> is a much shorter mouse movement anyway.

I have an even shorter solution for you: triple-click the line :)

Jeroen.