[TxMt] Yummy FTP

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Wed Dec 15 23:08:22 UTC 2004

In article <809FD7DC-2C71-11D9-8B82-000A95D4B654 at rgbdesignstudio.com>,
 Eric Curtis
 <ecurtis at rgbdesignstudio.com> wrote:

> After reading peoples comments about ftp programs last week I tried
> yummy ftp and I am very close to buying it. I love that I can select a
> remote file and hit cmd-B to open it in textmate. Is this the killer
> feature people where asking for?
>
> Does anyone else have reviews for this product?

Many graphical ftp clients will allow you to edit a file on a remote
system using the editor of your choice -- a fact that suggests that
ftp/sftp support in an editor is not very important.

My personal favorite ftp client is Fetch, but that does not support
sftp, so I tried out Yummy FTP and bought it. I feel it is less mature
than Fetch, but reasonably well designed and shows great promise. Also,
I was impressed with the support. However, the main reason I bought it
was VMS support (not something likely to matter to most of you, but if
it does, there aren't many options).

I've run into a few snags, including a crash in 1.0.4 using edit mode,
but that's fixed in the current 1.0.5 betas, and 1.0.5 should be
released any time now.

-- Russell