[TxMt] TM seems to agressively cache directory listings

Joost Schuttelaar joost at greenskin.net
Tue Dec 14 11:21:14 UTC 2004

Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Touch updates the date (of the directory) -- which alias are you
> speaking of?

I don't know, maybe some kind of identifier to the directory?

> What is the directory in question in which the open dialog doesn't see
> changes?

It happens in any directory.

Open TextMate
Open Terminal
mkdir Test
Focus Textmate
Open File in Textmate, the Test directory does not appear
Press cancel in Textmate to close open file dialog
Focus Terminal
Focus Textmate
Open File in Textmate, the Test directory does not appear
Focus Terminal
Focus Textmate's open file dialog, directory appears
Press cancel in Textmate to close open file dialog
Focus Terminal
cd Test
touch pizza.txt
Focus Textmate
Open File, go to Test, file pizza.txt is there
Focus Terminal
touch pizza2.txt
Focus Textmate's open file dialog, pizza2.txt appears
Press cancel
Focus Terminal
touch pizza3.txt
Focus Textmate
Open File (already in Test), file pizza3.txt is not there
Focus Terminal
Focus Textmate's open file dialog, pizza3.txt appears

When I do the same, but instead of focusing Terminal I focus my mail app
and then refocus to Textmate's Open File dialog, the file also appears.
So it's not Terminal related.

Hope it helps :)

--

Joost Schuttelaar