[TxMt] TM seems to agressively cache directory listings

Simon Dorfman EmailLists at SimonDorfman.com
Tue Dec 14 10:19:51 UTC 2004

On 12/14/04 2:33 AM, "Joost Schuttelaar" <joost at greenskin.net> wrote:

> Patrick Burleson wrote:
>
>> It seems that TM is overly agressive with regards to caching a
>> directory listing int he "Open" dialog box.
>
> I'm having the same issues. For example, when I fetch a file using FTP
> in the Terminal I have to restart Textmate or quit the FTP client in
> order to see the files. The Finder does show them.

I don't think this will help your open dialog box problem, but if you ever
need the finder to refresh after doing something in the terminal, try the
attached applescript.  I have this script on the top right of every finder
window in case it doesn't update.  Screenshot attached also.  Here's the
script if you want to save it yourself:

try
    tell application "Finder" to update items of front window
end try

I found it online somewhere though I don't remember where.

Simon