[TxMt] Column typing

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Mon Dec 13 10:13:45 UTC 2004

On 13-12-2004 10:39, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2004, at 9:42, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
>> [...] I have a powerbook and its keyboard does not say "option" on the
>> 'alt' key. Instead it has some undeciferable figure on it that should
>> mean "option". So I'm sorry I called it the 'alt' key, but I forgot
>> the proper name at the time. ;-)
> I have an older Danish keyboard (december 2001) and a new US keyboard
> (october 2004), they both spell out “alt” above the ⌥ glyph.
> As far as I know the “option” wording is limited to online writings ;)

Indeed, the key also has 'alt' on it.
However, the picture on the box of the powerbook has a keyboard which
looks like this:

It almost has no glyphs on it at all, even the backspace button says
"backspace" ;)

> Maybe the difference is more with laptop versus external keyboard than
> US/Europe (or did I get a European version of the US keyboard?).

While I was browsing the ADC, I also found a picture of the original G5
keyboard layout:

So it seems they either changed it and did not update their documents or
you got a European version. (Bit odd they don't document those keyboards
for developpers either).