[TxMt] linking to URIs and client-side (project) files

Timothy Martens timfm at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Dec 11 02:59:28 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm using TextMate for my Getting Things Done (GTD) stuff. Is anyone
else out there doing the same? I'm just getting started and would love
to see how others are using TM for GTD. How do you set up your file
structure? How do you name and keep track of your files, actions, and
projects, etc.? I can see how it would be useful to be able to do such
things as link from a URI in a text (markdown) file directly to a
browser. As well as things like creating links to other local (project)
files ala voodoo pad, and moving chunks of text to other files whilst
sprinkling them with some meta data.

Then they are things like aggregating lists to create contextual lists
and so much more I can imagine but not conceive of programatically.

I just found this:
http://www.rousette.org.uk/blog/archives/2004/11/28/rails-gtd-
application/

and I know bsag has other discussions about TM GTD in her blog. As well
as Daniel Von Fange's neat little tricks:
http://www.braino.org/blog/archives/001512.php
http://www.braino.org/blog/archives/001440.php

Admittedly I haven't played much with these, but I do remember having
some problems with TM finding my Ruby install.

  -t