[TxMt] Insert closing tab shortcut

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Fri Dec 10 00:09:17 UTC 2004

On 10/12/2004, at 2:38 AM, R. Payette wrote:

> I woundered if it was possible to change the shortcut for "Insert
> closing tab". cmd-opt-. isn't working on my keyboard layout. As I
> understant it, opt-'.' is '>' so cmd-opt-'.' is understood as cmd-'>'
> I get this problem all over the system.

What language Kbd are you using?

> Anyway, how about just cmd-'.' ? I know it's a reserved shortcut for
> cancel but in a sense, it 'stop' a block. And there is no use for a
> cancel in text editing. And beside, cmd and '.' and very close
> toghetter while opt is all the other way of the space bar on small
> keyboards ( original g4 and I think powerbook/ibook too )

That was my initial suggestion (command-period), but as Allan and you
have pointed out, it's used for "stop" in most applications, and whilst
it still makes a little sense, Allan tries wherever possible to not
tread on HIG :)

You can re-bind the key using Apple's system preferences or one of the
plists in TextMate.app if it's not working for you...

---
Justin French, Indent.com.au
justin.french at indent.com.au
Web Application Development & Graphic Design