[TxMt] Fugu 1.1.1rc1

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Dec 9 02:17:54 UTC 2004

On Dec 9, 2004, at 2:24, Lief Stryder wrote:

> Nope, still no TextMate. And no useful console messages.

Okay, you may also try to delete (requires admin privileges):
    /Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices.*

You should restart afterwards, then do the thing about locating
TextMate in Finder and starting it, and then start Fugu.

Unfortunately I haven't got real insight into how Launch Services work,
but I have experienced similar things with applications not being found
by Finder for file type associations or the open shell command not
finding certain apps -- it does seem to happen when applications gets
replaced "often" (as would be the case for TextMate).

I'm cc'ing fugu at umich.edu for this letter in case it's useful for him.