[TxMt] cursor page up

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Dec 4 19:38:43 UTC 2004

On Dec 4, 2004, at 19:20, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Apple HI behavior regarding this point is very deliberate [...]
> Pressing page-up scrolls up one window-full without moving the
> insertion point. Similarly for page-down.

Sorry, I was actually talking about option-page up/down.

This does move the insertion point, and it was the behavior for this I
didn't see defined.

> Home scrolls to the very top, without moving the insertion point.
> Similarly for End. (In 1.0.2b8 Home and End behave wrong.)

Yes, this is because I change it in the default key bindings, as I
previosuly did with page up/down also.

I did this because _every_ Mac user I (personally) know thinks the
default (with scrolling) is not only useless, but also frustrating.

But all Mac users I know (incl. myself) didn't start using Mac before
OS X, and apparently many existing Mac users did like the “scroll
only”, so I removed the default page up/down key bindings. But since I
never heard anything for home/end, I kept these.

I have considered removing them though (I have my own key bindings
anyway ;) ).

> The relevant documentation (which also lists many other standard
> keyboard navigation shortcuts to do the other things you want to do)
> is here:

Thanks