[TxMt] Feature Relocation Request

Ryan Schmidt textmate-2004 at ryandesign.com
Sat Dec 4 18:31:04 UTC 2004

On 4. Dez 2004, at 02:33, Torsten Becker wrote:

>> But a valid concern raised with the menu shortcuts is that the bar is
>> apparently overflowing on small displays. Does anyone have an idea of
>> how many pixels I can reasonable expect to use for my menu bar?
>
> hi,
> i just have a 12" ibook at 1024x768 imo you could use 700 pixels, 730
> would be the maximum, after this it gets to big.
> if you want to see a small menubar:
> http://members.lycos.co.uk/staff/ibook_menubar.png
>
> i think nobody runs os-x on less than 1024x768 so this should be the
> minimum you can work with. :)

Mac OS X officially supports 800x600 as a minimum resolution. The
original toilet-seat iBook models have a maximum internal display
resolution of 800x600. I would encourage you to support this Mac model.

It is acceptable to design a menubar so wide that the MenuExtras
(clock, battery meter, etc.) disappear, so that gives you some room.