[TxMt] proposal: distribute bundles separately

William Douglas Neumann wdnx at unm.edu
Thu Dec 2 22:10:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Also, I do like that TM has SH out of the box for most languages, cause you
> never know which files you receive. But perhaps it could lazily activate
> language bundles when it see files with the right extension to keep the
> initial menu shorter.

If you do this, you may also want to consider setting a Time To Live
for each language to stay in the menu.  Just because I look at a Foo++
file once every nine months doesn't mean its name needs to stay in the
list year-round.  It could probably vanish if I haven't looked at that
type of file in two weeks or so...

William D. Neumann
<wdnx at unm.edu>

FWO to the Nth degree!!!
---
Dear Lord, please make me the kind of person
my dog thinks I am.