[TxMt] mysql snippet and query (getting a carriage return?)

Paul Nordstrom August paul at archivistes.com
Wed Dec 1 17:00:26 UTC 2004

Following up on a post from a week or so ago, I've created a "mysql"
snippet to run MySQL commands within TM. (This probably works best if
you have a ~/usr/.my.cnf file configured with a default login and
password on localhost.)

The snippet simply is the following: /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql
${1:database} -e "${2:SELECT}"
... so I hit mysql, tab, then enter the DB name and then the command.
Some sample queries are appended below.

My problem is that the output begins directly after the final " in the
-e statement. What's the easiest way to insert a carriage return here?
Or is this better run as a command and not a snippet?

I've already got macros to convert DESCRIBE TABLE output into all sorts
of PHP elements... TM is great :)

Paul