[TxMt Plugins] Re: latex plugin and API stability

Fri May 4 06:03:08 UTC 2012

On 02/05/2012, at 23.11, Andrea Tagliasacchi wrote:

> […] I attempted to deploy plugins in the same ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/PlugIns but the new TM is ignoring it…

It loads stuff from ~/Library/Application Support/Avian/PlugIns — most of the existing plug-ins wouldn’t be compatible with 2.0 since they use stuff that is not present in 2.0.

> My question is still valid… have the plugin API changed?

There wasn’t really any API so plug-ins relied mostly on undocumented API which has indeed changed (and may still change).

> What's the new reference/demo for plugin development?

Still the Clock example but a real API is yet to appear.