[TxMt Plugins] Re: Launching two versions of TextMate side-by-side

Sun Mar 27 15:01:17 UTC 2011

On 23 Mar 2011, at 06:56, Phil Crosby wrote:

> […] I'm wondering if there's a cleaner, standard way of launching two textmate instances such that there are no side effects.
>
> […] This approach has some side effects. At one point "DevTextMate" somehow
> became registered to open all code files. Often one or the other textmate
> instance will also open the release notes, as if it's the first time it's
> being run.

I suggest you edit DevTextMate.app/Contents/Info.plist:

 1) remove the CFBundleDocumentTypes array. This should avoid registration of file types¹.
 2) change the value of CFBundleIdentifier. This should make the system see it as a different app with own settings etc. It is in the settings TM store its version number, and if it is different than last launch, it shows the release notes.

Hope it helps.

¹ The OS has a tendency to use the last opened application for file types you haven’t specifically chosen an application for.