[TxMt Plugins] Keeping track of bookmarks

Jon Lee jonlee554 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 16:26:13 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am working on a plugin that involves keeping track of the bookmarks in a
file. I found out how to grab them from the extended attributes, but it
looks like those attributes do not get updated when you add or remove a
bookmark, but when you close the file.

Is there a method I could hook into (or swizzle) when the bookmarks of a
file changes? I could hook when the user clicks in the text view, and see if
where they clicked is in the area where the bookmarks are, but there's no
guarantee that they actually added/removed a bookmark. I was hoping there
was some data structure that holds the bookmarks before they get saved out.

Thanks!
Jon