[TxMt Plugins] TM Dialog Development

Andrew Hanna andrew at thehannasonline.com
Wed Oct 15 15:28:05 UTC 2008

Hello,

Is this where the main discussion regarding the TM Dialog development
is?  If so, I have a great suggestion that as far as I can tell has
not yet been implemented.

I think it would be great to expose a dictionary object usable as a
NSObjectController in a Window inside a NIB that would be stored
within a project.  This would be similar to using the "User Defaults"
object, but instead it would be a sort of "Project Defaults".  This
would allow for some configuration/customization based on individual
projects rather than the system as a whole.  It would also allow for
using and storing this information across version controlled systems,
for example.

I don't have much knowledge/experience in how the TM Dialog plugin
works, so I wouldn't have much idea as to how one could implement
this, and it may or may not require modifications to the core of
TextMate.

-Andrew