[TxMt Plugins] sendAction Question

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Mar 17 23:17:59 UTC 2007

On 17. Mar 2007, at 23:55, Todd Ditchendorf wrote:

> [...] I've peeked into the OakTextView.h header file using class-
> dump[1], and I don't see moveLeft: listed there. I really don't
> think this will work.

OakTextView does implement the majority of NSResponder mehtods.
However, they are virtual in the sense that you need to use
performSelector:withObject: or something like NSApplication’s
sendAction:to:from:.

As for using “undocumented methods”: all of NSResponder is safe,
since that will also exist in 2.0 -- for the rest, 2.0 will use a new
OakTextView with an overall much changed (and cleaned up ;) ) API, at
that time, the API will be made public, and plug-ins will also be
able to use custom instances of the view.