[txmt-dev] Re: Split Views Implementation

Tue Jan 6 04:15:27 UTC 2015

On 6 Jan 2015, at 10:23, Steven Clukey wrote:

> I do believe all the arrow key combinations are taken, lest I missed
> one.

Control-option + arrow keys could be used. They are bound to sub-word
movement, which control + arrow keys are also bound to.

Though users of Spaces may like control + arrow keys to be used to move
between spaces, and that’s why TextMate also provide them on
control-option.

As for your current choice of ⌃W for “Remove Current Split: ⌃W”.
This key is “Select Word” and (more importantly) Extend Selection to
Include Next, which is a very useful action that we do not want to
eclipse.

I’ll read this thread more thoroughly (hopefully in a few days) when
I’ve pruned my current backlog.