[txmt-dev] Re: Split Views Implementation

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Jan 3 09:24:52 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-03 06:54, Steven Clukey wrote:

> I’m surprised I didn’t notice this, but I guess that goes to show just how often I use the file browser. Fixed in new commit.

Cool, thanks.

> I don’t quite know what you mean here. I don’t see anything change, but I suppose I am just missing it. Could you provide a picture of what you are talking about?

Sure, here's how it looks when it's active [1] and here when it's
inactive [2]. I highlighted the edges that are missing the border.

I suspect that the left border of the gutter is usually handled by the
window or file browser border. And the bottom border of the status bar
is handled by the window border.

> There were already hotkeys for changing between splits, ⌃⌘{ and ⌃⌘}.

That's quite a complicated hotkey, at least for a Swedish keyboard. I
would have expected one or two modifier keys + the arrow keys. Perhaps
those are all occupied for other things.

[1] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7UtafxGD9vES3llMWlvTGRyVmM&authuser=0

[2] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7UtafxGD9vESHQ4VS1JZDhpTTA&authuser=0

--
/Jacob Carlborg