[txmt-dev] Re: scm/git test errors in build

Fri Jun 27 10:00:45 UTC 2014

On 25 Jun 2014, at 14:20, Eduardo Francos wrote:

> […] Strangely enough, each time I run the build the tests that fail
> are different, but they are all in Frameworks/scm/tests/t_git.cc

The tests are executed in concurrent dispatch queues, so it might be a
race condition of sorts.

> I've searched all over, including the mailing lists archives but
> haven't found a solution yet. I tried "scm/coerce" hoping it would
> mark all tests OK, but that doesn't help either.

The coerce rule may have worked with an older version of ninja, but with
the current version of ninja, I do not know how one can make a rule to
“skip” a target.

What you can do is manually run the ‘touch’ command that it
executes, to see the exact command run: ninja -vn scm/coerce

> As apparently I'm the only one with this problem I suppose there must
> be something simple I'm missing :-(

No, I have seen them fail myself and I know others also run into issues.

I have a vague idea about what the issue is, but I don’t really know
how to solve it without changing the test framework to run a Cocoa event
loop and execute tests from the main thread.