[txmt-dev] Re: Commit window revisited

Ronald Wampler rdwampler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:46:55 UTC 2014

wrote:

> For showing diffs from a sheet, if we set TM_PROJECT_UUID to a newly
> generated UUID for the TM_MATE process then the diffs should open in its
> own window (might be good to generate one UUID per commit window session so
> all diffs go into same window).

Thanks. I thought this was possible but did not know which variable to set
for TM_MATE. ;) Showing the diffs in a separate window, I think, is better
in general so I will probably submit it as a separate pull request.

I don’t think moving the commit window to the dialog plug-in is giving us
> any advantages other than maybe remove some code redundancy in that both
> the dialog plug-in and commit window controller sets up a connection for
> communicating between shell and TM, but this could maybe be factored out
> into reusable code.
>
> It might make more sense to migrate the dialog plug-in code into the main
> TextMate code base. The reason it was made as a plug-in was partly to allow
> it to be F/OSS (before TM’s core) and partly for separation of concerns.

No problem, I just recalled you initially mentioning making the commit
window part of dialog plug-in. I will start prepping the code base (style
fixes, update to ARC, etc.)  for inclusion into TM's core, if that's OK.