[txmt-dev] How to run the right™ Ruby in bundle commands

Stefan Daschek stefan at daschek.net
Wed Aug 6 07:12:55 UTC 2014

I understand that bundle commands using ruby should use the new ruby shim.

However, in the RSpec bundle there are some commands to run RSpec
examples in the current project. Here we obviously need to use the very
same version of Ruby used for developing the project (most probably set
via rvm or rbenv).

Should we use $TM_RUBY for that? Or rely on $PATH being customized
correctly?

Generally I’m a bit confused here: There’s the new ruby shim, there’s
$TM_RUBY (used in many third party bundles for running bundle commands),
there’s the possibility of customizing $PATH – what should be used when?

Thanks,
s.