[txmt-dev] Hang while saving a project-wide replace all

Etienne Samson samson.etienne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 10:37:18 UTC 2014

Hi !

I've been bitten by it recently. I think it appeared in the latest version. Given that I see no one here with that issue, I might be alone experiencing it :-(.

Here's a sample of it : https://gist.github.com/tiennou/66dbb5d7451be5346e11

Steps to reproduce :
- ⌘⇧F (opens Find All in current project).
- Type some stuff to search.
- ⇥
- Type some stuff to replace.
- ↩ (performs the search)
- Click Replace All. Find windows update with "<count> occurrences replaced" and "unsaved" close box.
- ⌘W. Asks whether to save changes to all files.
- ↩ (Save All).
- Hang.

I've been able to reproduce it each time, on different projects, with different settings. Replace All is effectively a no-op for me now :-(.

Additional notes (while I'm at it) :
- It seems ⌘↑ changes the "In:" setting, while ⌘↓ doesn't. As I have a tendency to expect the former to take me to the beginning of my search string, I find it confusing (an you can actually perform an unexpected slow search if you don't catch it in time, like searching $HOME).
- A shortcut to trigger Replace All from the keyboard would be nice (maybe with a sheet in case you trigger it by error, but I think the Save All sheet when you save might be sufficient).

Cheers,
Etienne Samson
samson.etienne at gmail.com