[txmt-dev] Re: DIALOG behavior menu alert question/suggestion

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Sep 25 12:41:35 UTC 2012

On Sep 24, 2012, at 3:15 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:
>
>> 1) DIALOG menu
>> There's a discrepancy of the result output […]
>
> This is a bug, it might have been introduced with https://github.com/textmate/dialog/commit/d879791c606dca908fe423c1e839c6ba92f9217c
>
> A similar change was done to https://github.com/textmate/textmate/blob/master/Frameworks/BundleMenu/src/BundleMenu.mm but I since changed it slightly, so we might want to just “port” over the 2.0 menu code to the plug-in(s).
>
> I may look into this later…

If you like I can fix that ;)

>> 2) Output format for “alert”, “menu”
>> Esp. for bash coding it's an 'overkill' to return a plist which has to be parsed etc. to get the chosen item. How about to add an option “--output” to specify the output format?
>
> Sounds good, though I’d prefer providing a key path selector / filter.
>
> This should then be useful for all the commands with plist output.

This is a brilliant idea! I also can start to implement this ;)

Re: menu:
One also could create a result plist à la:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>title</key>
	<string>baz</string>
	<key>title_index</key>
	<integer>2</integer>
	<key>input_index</key>
	<string>4</string>
</dict>
</plist>

whereby input plist is (foo,separator,header,baz)
title_index: 2 from (foo, baz)
input_index: 4 from (foo,separator,header,baz)

Cheers,
--Hans