[txmt-dev] Re: DIALOG x-insert - bug - a fix suggestion

Sun Sep 23 09:53:20 UTC 2012

On Sep 23, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> […] And maybe, it is better to outsource a kind of TM-API on basis of the dialog.tmplugin(?)

Not sure if a CLI tool is the best way to go about this, what I would like to see is exposing a few objects like a hybrid buffer_t + editor_t + document_t object and a document collection sort of document, and perhaps a few more, and then have functions/properties that can work with these.

You could actually pull it off by using e.g. the document or project’s UUIDs for “pointers” and then pass those to the command each time. I feel though that this is not a good long-term viable strategy, this really needs to be more “native”.

Personally though I want to do several internal changes before I start exposing public API.