[txmt-dev] Problems compiling TM 2

Daniel Grady d.c.grady at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 02:41:53 UTC 2012

Hi all, I'm having some trouble compiling TextMate 2. I'm running Mac OS 10.7.4
with Xcode 4.5 and using Homebrew. I installed all the dependencies listed
(including proctools), and checked that 'xcode-select -print-path' does point
to '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer' and that 'brew doctor' doesn't
report any problems with the developer tools.

After doing that, I cloned my fork of the TextMate 2 repository, ran 'git
submodule update --init', and then './configure && ninja'. Things proceed,
there are some warnings and some test failures, and then ninja stops:

[373/1248] Compile ‘Frameworks/OakAppKit/src/OakPasteboard.mm’…

If I try to run 'ninja' again, I get the same error at a different file:

gloss:textmate dang$ ninja
[3/876] Compile ‘Frameworks/OakAppKit/src/OakOpenWithMenu.mm’…

In fact, if I clean everything with 'ninja -t clean' and then run ninja again,
I get the same error at a new, different file:

gloss:textmate dang$ ninja -t clean
Cleaning... 555 files.
gloss:textmate dang$ ninja
[369/1248] Compile xib ‘Frameworks/OakAppKit/resources/English.lproj/\
    EncodingSaveOptions.xib’…

If it would help, I can include the complete output from these commands. Anyone
know what's going on? I'm new to Objective-C; sorry if this is an obvious
question, and thanks for any help!

-Daniel