[txmt-dev] Re: .tm_tmp as project-specific semi-permanent directory?

Thu Sep 6 18:17:03 UTC 2012

On Sep 6, 2012, at 7:58 PM, Gerd Knops <gerti-textmate at bitart.com> wrote:

>> Only minor issue I have with that is that we are sort of labeling the session info as “cache” even though the user shouldn’t delete it.
> Good point. Ideally the user should not mess with .cache while the project is open. But as long as that is handled somewhat gracefully (eg not crashing) I think it would be OK.

Worst-case they’ll just lose unsaved changes (if TextMate is quit and the cache is deleted).

As for storing extracted scopes per document; this would also mean adding a scope selector field to Find in Folder would be much cheaper (when there is cached info) so I am very much onboard with this, though somewhat down the list — might look into it when I eventually get around to optimizing syntax highlight performance.