[txmt-dev] Re: .tm_tmp as project-specific semi-permanent directory?

Thu Sep 6 17:46:13 UTC 2012

On Aug 30, 2012, at 7:58 PM, Gerd Knops <gerti-textmate at bitart.com> wrote:

> […] That also might open the door to something that I have been mulling over for a while: storing a per-file index of pertinent information gleaned from the various scopes […]

So what sort of info do we wish to store? I see a few different things:

 1. project settings, shared with all users → scm.
 2. session info for the project (might contain unsaved changes).
 3. cache for ⌘T, ⇧⌘F, document scopes
 4. named sockets for project persistent servers?

I am leaning toward this mapping:

 1. .textmate_config ⇔ .textmaterc ⇔ .tm_properties
 2. .cache/textmate/session/
 3. .cache/textmate/cache/
 4. .cache/textmate/run/

So basically a `.cache` folder in the project, and everyone could use this and we can do with a single name (for a prettier file listing when showing hidden items).

Only minor issue I have with that is that we are sort of labeling the session info as “cache” even though the user shouldn’t delete it.