[txmt-dev] A couple of questions from a user

George Fields gbfields at utk.edu
Thu Sep 6 14:54:29 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm so very sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this (it's not
exactly development related) but I don't know where to ask. I very
much care for this program and I wanted to ask the following really
quickly (truest me, I'm not the type of person to voice my questions,
so you know I *really* care):

1. Are there any plans to put the following in the preferences window / pane?
  - default tab size (and soft / hard tabs)
  - theme selection with preview (like TM 1)
  - parentesis/bracket/brace auto-close on/off

2. Are there any plans to make the feature "Remove trailing whitespace
on save" to be a preference setting and a "built-in" feature? In TM 1
I had to work around with macros, etc, but it seems like (to me) it's
basic feature to put in.

3. In some languages (Java, so far) the default indentation behavior
is vexing. It insists on starting a new level of indent when it
doesn't make sense to have it, etc. In general it's annoyingly
aggressive and causes me to backspace as much as I'm actually writing
code.

>From what I understand, some of the things I'm asking are defined by
the specific language settings instead of as a global, and again I
don't know what it would take to make those changes.

Any answer other than curse words is really appreciated. :-) I love
that program, and to be honest with you (even though I'm a poor
college student and have an Academic License) I would probably be
willing to shell out more money than TM goes for. Heck, I'd pay $100
if it did those small things I find helpful to my work.

I think everyone working on this program is doing (and has done) a
wonderful job. Thank you!

- george