[txmt-dev] Problems defining scope: How can you print latex sections in a bigger font size?

Felix Schönbrodt gmx at nicebread.de
Thu Oct 11 08:21:47 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I posted following question to stack overflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12834470/textmate-2-scope-increase-font-size-for-section-in-latex-document), but probably this email list is the more appropriate place. So, I would be happy about answers either in email or in SO:

Q: When editing a .tex file in Textmate 2: How can you print latex sections in a bigger font size?

I added following grammar to the Latex bundle:

{   patterns = (
    {   begin = 'section\{';
        end = '\}';
        name = 'markup.heading.1.latex';
    },
);
}
And additionally I added following Setting that is applied to the newly defined markup.heading.1.latex scope:

{   fontName = 'Baskerville';
fontSize = '2.25em';
}
The problem: it only matches sections without a leading \:

... and when I change the scope definition to the following (adding \\ in front of "section"):

{   patterns = (
    {   begin = '\\section\{';
        name = 'markup.heading.1.latex';
    },