[SVN] Re: How to distribute app to be used by multiple bundles?

Sun Jan 15 11:18:30 UTC 2012

On 13/01/2012, at 01.05, Gerd Knops wrote:

> […] one option would be to place the app into a bundle itself. Downsides are:
>
> - AFAIK there is no clean way of finding other bundles' support path

See Help → TextMate 2 Help → Bundle Dependencies.

> - There is no support for bundle dependencies

When dependencies are declared as specified in the help book, the bundle installer will install dependent bundles — this of course assumes your bundle is being distributed via the source system, which we haven’t yet really documented (but you can actually add custom sources, or your bundle could be added to one of the default sources).

So definitely put the app in the Support folder of a bundle. The shared support folder is now actually placed in a bundle (which includes a shellVariables setting for TM_SUPPORT_PATH referencing its own support folder) and the Commit Window is in the SCM bundle, which the Subversion, Git, Mercurial, etc. bundles depend on (and reference via TM_SCM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT), etc.