[txmt-dev] .tm_tmp as project-specific semi-permanent directory?

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Thu Aug 30 16:59:58 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Some of my bundles need a semi-permanent location to store information that:

- is project-specific
- should survive a reboot
- typically should NOT be added to a repository

An example is the Scratch bundle, I recently changed it to have project-specific stores which makes sense when frequently switching between large projects.

So I wonder if we should formalize any kind of directory for that type of information for all bundles to use, so that users only have to add a single ignore rule to their SCM configuration.

My suggestion:

	${TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY}/.tm_tmp/<bundleName>/

Comments please?

Thanks

Gerd